Terms and conditons
Signature Driving School Terms and Conditions
• All students will be given the minimum of 20 hours of in-class theory and 10
hours of homework. A grade of 80% or higher must be achieved for a student to
commence their 10 hours of in-car lessons.
• Refunds will not be issued once the course has started . If a student wishes to
withdraw before starting the online course an administration fee of $75 will be
deducted and the remainder of the down payment returned.
• On the day of course registration for online courses a minimum of $400 must
be e-transferred to the office. Failure to provide full payment prior to the start of
in car lessons will result in the halt of all in-car lessons until payment is received.
There will be a charge of $20 for all N.S.F. checks.
• Students can not book in car lessons prior to the completion of the 20
hour course and 10 hours of homework.
• There is no time guarantee on how quickly you can commence or
complete your lessons. We will do our best to accommodate but lessons are
given in sequential order. The whole course must be completed within 1
calendar year as per MTO standards.
• Not all students will qualify for door-to-door pickup. Contact the office at
registration to see if you qualify. If not, a meeting place within our service
area will become the pickup and drop off point for all lessons.
• To cancel a driving lesson, you must notify your in-car instructor at least 24
hours beforehand (during business hours only Monday-Friday 10am-5pm).
Cancellations will not be accepted via voice mail or email after hours. Failure
to do so will result in a fee of $50. Failure to have proper footwear or a
license will result in a cancellation of appointment and will result in a $50 fee.
• For all in-car lessons instructors have a 15-minute leeway before and after the
scheduled time for an in-car lesson to begin. This window of time is to account for
traffic and inclement weather.
• In car lessons may be required to be rescheduled due to the weather.
Cancellations will be determined the day of due to conditions of the road
and students will be notified only if the lesson is canceled.
• Students have a maximum of 12 months to complete the full course commencing on
the first day of on-line instruction . After 12 months , students will be required to re-
take the course. Therefore, they will have to pay the full course fee again.
• You will be required to pass a 20 -minute G 1 exit test similar to the one used by
DriveTest . You must achieve a mark of 75 % or higher to be certified with the MTO and
pass driver’s education.
• Students will be considered completed only when ALL components of the
course are finished. Completion of the course will be confirmed and
documented with the MTO electronically and no documentation will be issued
to the student. To obtain proof of completion the student must at their own
cost obtain a “drivers history” from the service Ontario website.
• No refunds will be issued once a student has started the on-line course.
• Students are required to practice in between lessons with our instructors. 10 hours of lessons with our instructors alone is not enough to ensure a student will pass
driver education. Failure to practice in between appointments may lead to a halt or re booking of appointments. Students found not to be practicing in between lessons will be issued a practice log to be used outside of in vehicle lessons with Signature Driving.